Trust Based VM Consolidation in Cloud Data Centers
Virtualization in Cloud data center, handle workloads and maintain SLA providing a better QoS to the Cloud consumer will lead to the harnessing of the present Cloud Computing infrastructure. Our model is on a statistical property and based on reliability and reputation combined for a “trust” based that we design our algorithms to handle QoS and these algorithms prove better than the existing model. However, the growing demand of the resources (physical) in a data center has drastically increased the energy consumption of computations (cyber) being processed in data centers, which has become a decisive issue. To address the trade-off between performance and power consumption we propose a near-optimal scheduling policy based on the CQR (Composite Quantile Regression) and the Minimum energy heuristics (MPP) to find a trust based Cloud character probability modeling that exploits heterogeneity across multiple data centers for a Cloud provider.
KeywordsCyber Physical Systems Trust Management Load Balancing Green IT SLA analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pettey, C.: Gartner estimates ICT industry accounts for 2 percent of global CO2 emissions (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Imada, T., Sato, M., Kimura, H.: Power and QoS performance characteristics of virtualized servers. In: 2009 10th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing, pp. 232–240 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Mei, Y., Liu, L., Pu, X., Sivathanu, S., Dong, X.: Performance analysis of network i/o workloads in virtualized data centers (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Gao, Y., Guan, H., Qi, Z., Wang, B., Liu, L.: Quality of Service Aware Power Management for Virtualized Data Centers. Journal of Systems Architecture (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, L., Wang, H., Cai, L., Chu, R., Zhang, P., Liu, L.: A Hierarchical Memory Service Mechanism in Server Consolidation Environment. In: 2011 IEEE 17th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS), pp. 40–47 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Anandharajan, T.R.V., Bhargavan, D., Bhagyaveni, M.A.: VM Consolidation Techniques in Cloud Datacenter. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 53, 267–273 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Anandharajan, T.R.V., Bhagyaveni, M.A.: Co-operative Scheduled Energy Aware Load-Balancing technique for an Efficient Computational Cloud. International Journal of Computer Science Issues 8, 571–576 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Buyya, R., Ranjan, R., Calheiros, R.N.: Modeling and simulation of scalable Cloud computing environments and the CloudSim toolkit: Challenges and opportunities. In: International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation, HPCS 2009, pp. 1–11 (2009)Google Scholar