Privacy Preserving Ranked Keyword Search over Encrypted Cloud Data
This paper presents a scheme that discusses secure rank based keyword search over an encrypted cloud data. The data that has to be outsourced is encrypted using symmetric encryption algorithm for data confidentiality. The index file of the keyword set that can be searched is outsourced to the local trusted server where the keyword set that is generated from the data files is also stored. Unlike architectures proposed in previous papers where encrypted index is stored in un-trusted server, in our schema the index is stored in the local trusted server to reduce round trip time and processing overhead. This is done so that the un-trusted server cannot learn about the data with the help of the index formed. The index is created with the help of Aho-Corasick multiple string matching algorithm which matches the pre-defined set of keywords with information in the data files to index them and store relevant data in B+ trees. Whenever the user searches for a keyword, the request is sent to the local trusted server and the indexed data is referred. The files are retrieved and ranked based on certain relevance criteria. The parameters required for ranking is got from the data stored while indexing.
KeywordsSymmetric Encryption algorithm Rank based search multiple string matching relevance scoring privacy preserving cloud computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Song, D., Wagner, D., Perrig, A.: Practical techniques for searches on encrypted data. In: Proc. of IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy 2000 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, J., Wang, Q., Wang, C., Cao, N., Ren, K., Lou, W.: Fuzzy keyword search over encrypted data in cloud computing. In: Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2010 Mini-Conference (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, C., Cao, N., Ren, K., Lou, W.: Enabling Secure and Efficient Ranked Keyword Search over Outsourced Cloud Data. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 23(8) (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, C., Cao, N., Li, J., Ren, K., Lou, W.: Secure ranked keyword search over encrypted cloud data. In: Proc. of ICDCS 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Curtmola, R., Garay, J.A., Kamara, S., Ostrovsky, R.: Searchable symmetric encryption: improved definitions and efficient Constructions. In: Proc. of ACM CCS 2006(2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Rajan, R.: Efficient and Privacy Preserving Multi User Keyword Search For Cloud Storage Services. International Journal of Advanced Technology and Engineering Research (IJATER) 2(4) (2012) ISSN 2250 - 3536Google Scholar
- 9.Khan, Z.A., Pateriya, R.K.: Multiple Pattern String Matching Methodologies: A Comparative Analysis (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Witten, I.H., Moffat, A., Bell, T.C.: Managing gigabytes: Compressing and indexing documents and images. Morgan Kaufmann Publishing, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Moataz, T., Shifka, A.: Boolean Symmetric Searchable EncryptionGoogle Scholar