Computationally Perfect Secret Sharing Scheme Based on Error-Correcting Codes
In this paper, we propose a secret sharing scheme for compartmented access structure with lower bounds. Construction of the scheme is based on the Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes. The proposed scheme is ideal and computationally perfect. By computationally perfect, we mean, an authorized set can always reconstruct the secret in polynomial time whereas for an unauthorized set this is computationally hard. This is in contrast to some of the existing schemes in the literature, in which an authorized set can recover the secret only with certain probability. Also, in our scheme unlike in some of the existing schemes, the size of the ground field need not be extremely large. This scheme is efficient and requires O(mn 3), where n is the number of participants and m is the number of compartments.
KeywordsCompartmented access structure computationally perfect ideal MDS code perfect secret sharing scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Blakley, G.R.: Safeguarding cryptographic keys. AFIPS 48, 313–317 (1979)Google Scholar
- 3.Blakley, G.R., Kabatianski, A.: Ideal perfect threshold schemes and MDS codes. ISIT 1995, 488 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Collins, M.J.: A note on ideal tripartite access structures, manuscript available at http://eprint.iacr.org/2002/193/2002
- 11.Karnin, E.D., Greene, J.W., Hellman, M.E.: On secret sharing systems. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, IT-29, 35–41 (1983)Google Scholar
- 12.Kaskaloglu, K., Ozbudak, F.: On hierarchical threshold access structures. In: IST Panel Symposium, Tallinn, Estonia (November 2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Ozadam, H., Ozbudak, F., Saygi, Z.: Secret sharing schemes and linear codes. In: ISC, Ankara, pp. 101–106 (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.Naidu, T.A., Paul, P., Venkaiah, V.C.: Ideal and Perfect Hierarchical Secret Sharing Schemes based on MDS codes. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Applied and Computaional Mathematics, Ankara, Turkey, pp. 256–272 (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Naidu, T.A., Paul, P., Venkaiah, V.C.: Ideal and Perfect Hierarchical Secret Sharing Schemes based on MDS codes, eprint.iacr.org/2013/189.pdf
- 21.The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes. Macwilliams, Sloane (1981)Google Scholar