EESOR: Energy Efficient Selective Opportunistic Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks
Opportunistic Routing in wireless sensor networks is a multi-hop routing. In this routing neighbors of a node overhear the transmission and form multiple hops from source to the destination for transfer of information. The set of neighbor nodes participating in the routing are included in the forwarder list in the order of priority. A node with highest priority is allowed to forward the packet it hears. This paper implements Energy Efficient Selective Opportunistic Routing (EESOR), reduces the size of forwarder list by applying a condition that the forwarding node is nearer to the destination. The path followed by acknowledgment packet follows opportunistic routing, assuring reliability of transmission and energy balancing. The simulated results obtained in NS2 simulator show that proposed EESOR protocol performs better than existing Energy Efficient Opportunistic Routing (EEOR) protocol in terms of average End-to-End delay, maximum End-to-End delay and Network Lifetime.
KeywordsDelay Energy Forwarding Opportunistic Routing Wireless Sensor Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Biswas, S., Morris, R.: ExOR: Opportunistic Multi-hop Routing for Wireless Networks. In: Proceedings of ACM SICGOMM, pp. 133–144 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Z., Chen, Y., Li, C.: CORMAN: A Novel Cooperative Opportunistic Routing Scheme in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication 30, 289–286 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Chachulski, S., Jennings, M., Katti, S., Katabi, D.: Trading Structure for Randomness in Wireless Opportunistic Routing. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, X., Yang, D., Xue, G.: CONSORT: Node constrained Opportunistic Routing in Wireless Mesh Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1893–1898 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Mazumdar, A.P., Sairam, A.S.: Opportunistic Routing: Opportunities and Challenges. International Journal Information and Electronics Engineering 2, 247–252 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Basalamah, A., Kim, S.M., Guo, S., He, T., Tobe, Y.: Link Correlation Aware Opportunistic Routing. In: Proceedings of 31st Annual International Conference on Computer Communications, pp. 3318–3322 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Zeng, K., Lou, W., Zhai, H.: On End-to-End Throughput of Opportunistic Routing in Multirate and Multihop Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of INFOCOMM (2008)Google Scholar