Chain Routing for Convergecast Small Scale Wireless Sensor Networks
Wireless sensor networks have many applications involving autonomous sensors transmitting their data to a sink placed in the network. A protocol by name Chain Routing for Convergecast Small Scale (CRCSS) Wireless sensor networks is proposed in this paper. The set of sensor nodes in the network send the data periodically to the sink located in the area of interest. The nodes who cannot reach sink in one hop choose one of the neighbours for forwarding the data to the sink by forming a chain of links. The selection of forwarding node and the waiting period before forwarding plays an important role in the protocol. The proposed CRCSS protocol exhibits improvement in energy spent per packet and latency per packet for a wireless sensor network as compared to ConverSS protocol for small scale wireless sensor networks. In CRCSS protocol energy spent per packet is independent of the network radius.
KeywordsCommunication System Convergecast Routing Energy Latency Multi-hop Networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen, T.-S., Tsai, H.-W., Chu, C.-P.: Adjustable Convergecast Tree Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Elsevier Journal on Computer Communications (33), 559–570 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Fu, L., Qin, Y., Wang, X., Liu, X.: Throughput and Delay Analysis for Convergecast with MIMO in Wireless Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1–20 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Bernsen, J., Manivannan, D.: Greedy Routing Protocols for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of International Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing Conference, IWCMC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, X., Liang, W., Yu, H., Feng, X.: Optimal Convergecast Scheduling Limits for Clustered Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 1–12 (October 2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, H., Osterlind, F., Soldati, P., Voigt, T., Johansson, M.: Rapid Convergecast on Commodity Hardware: Performance Limits and Optimal Policies. In: 7th Annual IEEE Secon, Sensor Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON), pp. 1–9 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Theoleyre, F.: A Route-Aware MAC for Wireless Multihop Networks with a Convergecast Traffic Pattern. The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking 55(3), 822–837 (2011)Google Scholar