A Digital Infrastructure for Trustworthiness
The building process of Sapienza Digital Library’s (SDL) digital resources was designed for collecting the information required by the Open Archival Information System (OAIS) Preservation Description Information(PDI): Provenance, Reference, Fixity, Context, and Access Rights Information. The Submission Information Packages’(SIP) preservation metadata was encoded in the semantics of the PREMIS standard which is the implementation metadata set, mapped from the OAIS conceptual model. The conformant implementation of the PREMIS standard was one of the principles which permeates the SIP building process. All relevant legal aspects and formal agreements, referred to the organizations involved in the different OAIS functions of the SDL digital repository, were analyzed and structured for their inclusion into the forthcoming AIP management, and for unleashing of the preservation strategies, and for supporting the authenticity of resources.
KeywordsDL Architectures and infrastructures Long term preservation Metadata creation management and curation OAIS METS PREMIS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS), Recommended Practice CCSDS 650.0-M-2 Magenta Book (June 2012), http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/652x0m1.pdf
- 2.PREservation Metadata Implementation Strategies (PREMIS), http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/
- 3.Di Iorio, A., Schaerf, M., Bertazzo, M.: Establishing a Digital Library in Wide-Ranging University’s Context. In: Agosti, M., Esposito, F., Ferilli, S., Ferro, N. (eds.) IRCDL 2012. CCIS, vol. 354, pp. 172–183. Springer, Heidelberg (2013), http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-3-642-35834-0_18 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.McDonald, R.H., Walters, T.O.: Restoring Trust Relationships within the Framework of Collaborative Digital Preservation Federations. Journal of Digital Information (2010), http://journals.tdl.org/jodi/index.php/jodi/article/view/757/645
- 5.PREMIS Editorial Committee, Conformant Implementation of the PREMIS Data Dictionary (October 2010), http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/premis-conformance-oct2010.pdf
- 6.PREMIS Editorial Committee: PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata version 2.2 (July 2012), http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/v2/premis-2-2.pdf
- 7.Audit and Certification of Trustworthy Digital Repositories. Magenta Book. Issue 1 (September 2011), http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/652x0m1.pdf