Approach for Automatic Construction of Ontology Based on Medication Guide
Medication guide ontology has great significance for semantic study of rational use of drugs. Nowadays, medical ontology is mainly constructed manually, which spends a lot in time and manpower, and is also difficult to ensure the accuracy. This paper proposes a method of constructing the domain ontology of medication guide automatically. The method uses semantic pattern analysis to extract information, optimizes the extracted concepts and relations, generates medication guide ontology, and then provides the interface of pattern expansion to adapt to the changing medication guide data. Finally, it realizes the automatic construction of ontology system, and conducts experiments on to verify the feasibility of the system.
KeywordsDomain ontology Ontology construction Medication guide Rational use of drugs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cui, R., Li, J.: Utilization Research of Medicament and Reasonable Utilization of Medicament. Hospital Administration Journal of Chinese People’s Liberation Army 11(2), 147–148 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Huang, L.: Ontology and Its Application in Bioinformatics. Journal of Medical Intelligence 2, 81–84 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Cui, L., Zhao, P.: Developing a Practical Clinical Medication Ontology with Protege. New Technology of Library and Information Service 11, 77–80 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Y., Shui, Z., Zhou, Y., Wang, Z.: Research on Automatic Construction of Chinese Traditional Medicine. New Technology of Library and Information Service (5), 21–26 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Wishart, D.S.: DrugBank: A General Resource for Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Research. Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology 2(1), 25–38 (2010)Google Scholar