MLSP: Mining Hierarchically-Closed Multi-Level Sequential Patterns
The problem of mining sequential patterns has been widely studied and many efficient algorithms used to solve this problem have been published. In some cases, there can be implicitly or explicitely defined taxonomies (hierarchies) over input items (e.g. product categories in a e-shop or sub-domains in the DNS system). However, how to deal with taxonomies in sequential pattern mining is marginally discussed. In this paper, we formulate the problem of mining hierarchically-closed multi-level sequential patterns and demonstrate its usefulness. The MLSP algorithm based on the on-demand generalization that outperforms other similar algorithms for mining multi-level sequential patterns is presented here.
Keywordsclosed sequential pattern mining taxonomy generalization GSP MLSP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Mining sequential patterns. In: Proc. of the Eleventh International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 3–14 (March 1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Han, J., Kamber, M.: Data mining: concepts and techniques. The Morgan Kaufmann series in data management systems. Elsevier (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules. In: VLDB 1994, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Ayres, J., Flannick, J., Gehrke, J., Yiu, T.: Sequential pattern mining using a bitmap representation. In: Proc. of the 8th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 429–435. ACM, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, J., Han, J.: BIDE: efficient mining of frequent closed sequences. In: Proc. of 20th International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 79–90 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Plantevit, M., Laurent, A., Laurent, D., Teisseire, M., Choong, Y.W.: Mining multidimensional and multilevel sequential patterns. ACM Trans. Knowl. Discov. Data 4(1), 4:1–4:37 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Šebek, M., Hlosta, M., Kupčík, J., Zendulka, J., Hruška, T.: Multi-level sequence mining based on gsp. Acta Electrotechnica et Informatica (2), 31–38 (2012)Google Scholar