On the Possibilities to Automate the Study of Statistical Dependence Between Two Variables
- 117 Downloads
This paper discusses the possibilities of automating the study of statistical dependence between two empirical variables when beginning to familiarize oneself with the data set. The use of STUDY, a program planned for this purpose, is described. STUDY is a part of the KONSTA system developed in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Tampere.
KeywordsAutomatization of data analysis computers teaching of statistics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Finney, D.J. (1979). Personal Communication.Google Scholar
- Joiner, B.L. (1982). The frontiers of statistical analysis. COMPSTAT 1982, Proceedings in Computational Statistics, Part I. Physica-Verlag, Wien, 278–281.Google Scholar
- Mustonen, Seppo (1981). On interactive statistical data processing. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 8, 129–136.Google Scholar
- Pukkila, Tarmo and Puntanen, Simo (1982). The use of KONSTA, an interactive computer system for the illustration of statistical concepts, in the teaching of statistics. Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Tampere, Report A 73. (Abstract given at the ICOTS Conference, August 1982, Sheffield).Google Scholar
- Pukkila, Tarmo, Puntanen, Simo and Stenman, Olavi (1984). The illustration of important basic concepts of statistics in the KONSTA system. Short communication to be given at COMPSTAT 1984.Google Scholar
- Rao, C. Radhakrishna (1979). Perspectives in statistics. Sankhya, 41, 129–137.Google Scholar