Sensitivity Analysis of Simulation Experiments: Regression Analysis and Statistical Design
- 59 Downloads
This tutorial gives a survey of strategic issues in the statistical design and analysis of experiments with deterministic and random simulation models. These issues concern what-if analysis, optimization, and so on. The analysis uses regression (meta)models and Least Squares. The design uses classical experimental designs such as 2k-p factorials, which are efficient and effective. If there are very many inputs, then special techniques such as group screening and sequential bifurcation are useful. Applications are discussed.
KeywordsFlexible Manufacture System Strategic Issue Group Screening Deterministic Simulation Random Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Karplus, W.J., The spectrum of mathematical models. Perspectives in Computing, 3, no. 2, May 1983, pp. 4–13.Google Scholar
- Box, G. E. P. and N.R. Draper, Empirical Model-Building And Response Surfaces. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- Naylor, T.H., editor, The Design of Computer Simulation Experiments, Duke University Press, Durham, N.C. 1969.Google Scholar
- Kleijnen, J. P. C., Statistical Techniques in Simulation. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1974/1975. (Russian translation, Moscow, 1978.)Google Scholar
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., Statistical Tools for Simulation Practitioners, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- Kleijnen, J. P. C., Statistics and deterministic simulation: Why not? Katholieke Universiteit Brabant (Tilburg University), Tilburg, 1990.Google Scholar
- Bettonvil, B. and J. P. C. Kleijnen, Measurement scales and resolution IV designs. American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences (accepted).Google Scholar
- Bettonvil, B., Detection of Important Factors by Sequential Bifurcation. Doctoral dissertation, Katholieke Universiteit Brabant (Tilburg University). Tilburg, November 1990.Google Scholar
- Kleijnen, J. P. C., Regression metamodels for simulation with common random numbers: comparison of techniques. Katholieke Universiteit Brabant (Tilburg University), Tilburg, January 1990.Google Scholar
- Kleijnen, J. P. C., Simulation and Optimization in Production Planning: a Case Study, Katholieke Universiteit Brabant (Tilburg University), Tilburg, 1988.Google Scholar
- Rotmans, J. and O. J. Vrieze, Metamodelling, a sensitivity analysis on the greenhouse effect. European Journal of Operational Research (accepted).Google Scholar