Some Techniques for Early Diagnosis of Genotype in Acer saccharum L
In progeny tests of forest trees, it is desirable to be able to recognize at an early age two types of characters: (1) characters of biological importance for survival and good growth of the tree from seedling age to maturity; (2) characters of economic importance desired in the mature tree at time of harvest. Obviously, characters of the first type must be compatible with those of the second type, and vice versa.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dunn, Stuart, and Ralph J. Townsend: Propagation of sugar maple by vegetative cuttings. Jour. For. 52, 678–679 (1954)·Google Scholar
- 3.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Kriebel, H. B.: Unpublished data, Ohio Agr. Experiment Station 1954.Google Scholar
- 4.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Kriebel, H. B.: Patterns of genetic variation in sugar maple. Ohio Agr. Experiment Station, Res. Bull. 791. 56 pp. (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Macaloney, H. J.: The white pine weevil (Pissodes strobi Peck). Its biology and control. N. Y. State College of Forestry, Tech. Pub. 28, 87 pp. (1930).Google Scholar
- 6.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, MOORE, H. R., W. R. ANDERSON, and R. H. Baker: Ohio maple syrup… some factors influencing production. Ohio Agr. Experiment Station Bull. 718, 53 pp. (1951).Google Scholar
- 7.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, Morrow, and Robert R.: Influence of tree crowns on maple sap production. Cornell Agr. Experiment Station, Bull. 916, 30 pp. (1955).Google Scholar
- 9.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Pauley, S. S.: Photoperiodic growth response in Populus. Genetics 37, 613 (1952).Google Scholar
- 10.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Piatnitsky, S. S.: Experiments on self-pollination of Larix, A cer, and Quercus. (Opyty samoopyleniia u Larix, Acer, i Quercus). From: Trudy Botanicheskogo Instituta Akademii Nauk S.S.S.R. 4 (1): 297–318 (1934). (Translation No. 290, Division of Silvies, U.S. Forest Service, 1936).Google Scholar
- 11.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, Stevenson, D. D., and R. A. Bartoo: Comparison of the sugar percent of sap in maple trees growing in open and dense groves. Pennsylvania State Forest School, Res. Paper NO.1 (1940).Google Scholar
- 12.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Sylven, N.: Lang- och Kortdagstyper av de svenska skogstraden, Svensk Pappertidn. 43, 317–324, 332–342, 350–354 (1940).Google Scholar
- 13.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, and Taylor, Fred H.: Variation in sugar content of maple sap. Vermont Agr. Experiment Station. Bull. 587, 39 pp. (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, Vaartaja, and Olli: Photoperiodic ecotypes of trees. Can. Jour. Bot. 32, 392–399 (1954).Google Scholar
- 15.Dunn, Stuart, Ralph J. Townsend, Wright, and Jonathan W.: Notes on flowering and fruiting of northeastern trees. Northeastern For. Experiment Station, Sta. Paper No. 60, 38 pp. (1953).Google Scholar