Linear Ordinary Differential Equations
In this chapter we shall present a systematic study of the solutions of linear ordinary differential equations. Such equations continue to play an important role in many branches of the natural sciences and other fields, e.g., economics, so that they may be treated here in their own right. On the other hand, we should not forget that our main objective is to study nonlinear equations, and in the construction of their solutions the solutions of linear equations come in at several instances.
KeywordsLyapunov Exponent Periodic Function Linear Differential Equation Solution Matrix Solution Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Groups and InvarianceGoogle Scholar
- Pathways to Self-OrganizationGoogle Scholar
- Self-Organization Through Change of Control ParametersGoogle Scholar
- H. Haken: Synergetics, Springer Ser. Synergetics, Vol. 1, 3rd. ed. (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1983)Google Scholar
- Self-Organization Through Change of Number of ComponentsGoogle Scholar
- H. Haken: Unpublished materialGoogle Scholar
- N. Dunford, J. T. Schwartz: Linear Operators, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. VII, Parts I-III (Wiley, Interscience, New York 1957)Google Scholar
- G. Floquet: Sur les équations différentielles linéaires à coefficients périodiques. Ann. École Norm. Ser. 2 12, 47 (1883)Google Scholar