An Interactive Mobile Learning Platform for Teaching and Learning Chinese Language in Secondary School Environment
With the popularity of smart phones and mobile devices, mobile applications have been reached out to the field of education. Mobile learning not only promotes the interaction between teachers and students, but also improves the students’ motivation to learn independently. This paper presents the use of a mobile learning platform to enhance the teaching and learning effectiveness for Chinese Language in a secondary school environment. The mobile application helps students get involved in classroom lessons through immediate interaction. It helps teachers monitor the learning progress and the performance of an individual student. The mobile learning platform involves a news board for announcement of updates news, a discussion board for discussing the academic issues, a quiz system for generating and delivery of multiple-choice and short questions, a scoreboard for displaying the scores of assessments and a whiteboard acted as a synchronized tool of discussion and survey page from the server.
Keywordsmobile learning applications teaching and learning Chinese Language secondary schools
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.2012 HKDSE Results Statistics: http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/DocLibrary/HKDSE/Progress_promote_HKDSE/Local_Education_Agencies_2012_7_24_PPT.pdf
- 2.A Passage A Day, http://www.hk-123.com
- 3.English Builder, http://www.wiseman.com.hk
- 4.Brown, T.H.: The role of m-learning in the future of e-learning in Africa? Paper of Presentation at the 21st ICDE World Conference, Hong Kong (June 2003), http://matheasy.webstarts.com/uploads/The_role_of_m-learning_in_the_future_of_e-learning_in_Africa.pdf
- 5.What Is M-Learning?, http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-m-learning.htm
- 6.Siau, K., Sheng, H., Nah, F.F.-H.: Use of a Classroom Response System to Enhance Classroom Interactivity, DigitalCommons@University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Management Department Faculty Publications, pp. 398–403 (2006), http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1025&context=managementfacpub
- 7.Basics of Mobile Learning, http://www.mobl21.com/Basics_Of_Mobile_Learning.pdf
- 8.Float Mobile Learning –mLearning Is Not eLearning on A Mobile Device, http://floatlearning.com/2010/04/mlearning-is-not-elearning-on-a-mobile-device/