Trust Based Secure and Energy Efficient Clustering in Wireless Sensor Network: A Bee Mating Approach
In this paper we have proposed a trust based secure and energy efficient clustering algorithm in wireless sensor network using Honey Bee Mating Algorithm (TBCR-BMA). The proposed TBCR-BMA deprives the malicious node to act as cluster head, thus prolong the life time of the network. Moreover, we reveal that this proposed scheme outperforms the most popular hierarchical Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy (LEACH) and Advertisement timeout driven bee’s mating approach to maintain fair energy level in sensor networks (TBCMA) in terms of average residual energy of nodes and total energy of the network.
KeywordsWireless Sensor Network Clustering Trust HBMA
- 2.Liu, X.: A Survey on Clustering Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors, 11113–11153 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Abbasi, A.A., Younis, M.: A survey on clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks. Computer Commununication 30, 2826–2841 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Heinzelman, W., Chandrakasan, A., Balakrishnan, H.: Energy- Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks. In: IEEE Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 1–10 (January 2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Sahoo, R.R., Panda, R., Behera, D.K., Naskar, M.K.: A trust based clustering with Ant Colony Routing in VANET. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computing Communication & Networking (ICCCNT), pp. 1–8 (July 2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Sahoo, R.R., Singh, M., Sardar, A.R., Mohapatra, S., Sarkar, S.K.: TREE-CR: Trust based secure and energy efficient clustering in WSN. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Communication and Nanotechnology (ICE-CCN), March 25-26, pp. 532–538 (2013)Google Scholar