Effects of Random Number Generators on V2X Communication Simulation
Detailed simulation models have to incorporate random effects. Since the generation of randomness is subject to several shortcomings, this needs to be considered for the setup and evaluation of simulations. On the basis of well-known metrics for the domain of V2X communication we will evaluate the influences of differently generated random sequences on the simulation. We will show that it is important to pay attention to avoid skewed results caused by random number generation and ensure the statistical relevance of the simulation series. It can be stated that well established random number generators are suitable. Meaningful simulation results rely rather on a sufficient number of simulation runs which in turn will depend on the applied models.
KeywordsRNG V2X simulation verification VSimRTI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hartenstein, H., Laberteaux, K.: VANET: vehicular applications and inter-networking technologies, vol. 1. Wiley Online Library (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Protzmann, R., Mahler, K., Oltmann, K., Radusch, I.: Extending the v2x simulation environment vsimrti with advanced communication models. In: 2012 12th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST), pp. 683–688. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Law, A.M.: Simulation Modeling and Analysis. 4rd edn. McGraw-Hill Higher Education (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Fishman, G.S.: Monte Carlo: concepts, algorithms, and applications. Springer series in operations research. Springer (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Entacher, K.: A collection of classical pseudorandom number generators with linear structures: advanced version (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Schünemann, B.: V2x simulation runtime infrastructure vsimrti: An assessment tool to design smart traffic management systems. Computer Networks (2011)Google Scholar