The Division Method in Visualization of High Frequency Electromagnetic Wave Propagation for Distributed Computing on CAVE System
In order to let administrators know their QOS of wireless LAN both in convenience and safety of service range, an interactive and immersive visualization of high frequency electromagnetic wave propagation on the CAVE has been studied with authors, which represents the propagation as the volume data defined by the beam tracing technique with sets of three rays. In the previous study, we used distributed computing on the tracing and successive algorithm to generate the volume data. Through this way, the authors reduced the waiting time largely. However, the accuracy of generated beam need to be improved. Especially the method of division of beam which is from one zone enter the another zone must be improved. In the previous system, we just stack the intensity of electromagnetic wave which enter into the new zone, but have not considered about the direction of the ray. Therefore in this paper, we aim at making the method of division to get better.
KeywordsDivision Visualization OpenGL CAVE Multi-Thread Ray- Tracing Beam Distributed Computing DCOM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Durgin, G.D., Patwari, N., Rappaport, T.S.: An advanced 3D ray launching method for wireless propagation prediction. In: IEEE 47th Veh. Technol. Conf., Phoenix, AZ (May 1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Whitted, T.: An improved illumination model for shaded display. In: Proc. of the 6th Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (1979)Google Scholar
- 4.Ohsaki, A., Makino, M., Shirai, H., Shinoda, S.: A Visual Simulation for High Frequency Electromagnetic Wave Propagation. In: Proc. of ITC-CSCC 1999, vol. I, pp. 229–232 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Makino, M., Ohsaki, A., Shirai, H., Shinoda, S.: A Visual Simulation of Ray Propagation in the Use of Adaptive Beam Tracing for Wireless Communications Systems. In: Proc. of MDMC 2001, pp. 125–132 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Ikeda, M., Makino, M.: An Interactively Stereoscopic Visualization of High Frequency Electromagnetic Wave Propagation on Digital Map. In: Proc. of NICOGRAPH International 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Nakano, H., Cao, X., Makino, M.: An Adaptive Subdivision of Beams for Polygonal Objects in Visual Simulation of High Frequency Electromagnetic Wave Propagation. In: Proc. of International Workshop on Advanced Image Technology 2007 (IWAIT 2007), pp. 159–164 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Xie, H., Makino, M.: High-Speed, Dynamic, Interactive Visualization of High Frequency Electromagnetic Wave Propagation. In: Proc. of 2011 International Conference on Modeling and Simulation Technology (JSST 2011), October 22-23. CD-ROM (2011)Google Scholar