Optimal Proposal Distribution FastSLAM with Suitable Gaussian Weighted Integral Solutions
One of the key issues in Gaussian SLAM is to calculate nonlinear transition density of Gaussian prior, i.e. to calculate Gaussian Weight Integral (GWI) whose integrand is with the form nonlinear function × Gaussian prior density. Up to now, some GWI solutions have been applied in SLAM (e.g. linearization, unscented transform and cubature rule), and different SLAM algorithms were derived based on theirs GWI solutions. While, how to select suitable GWI solution for SLAM is still lack of theoretical analysis. In this paper, we proposed an optimal proposal FastSLAM algorithm with suitable GWI solutions. The main contributions of this work lies that: (1) an unified FastSLAM framework with optimal proposal distribution is summarized; (2) a SLAM dimensionality based GWI solution selection criterion is designed; (3) we propose a new SLAM algorithm. The performance of the proposed SLAM is investigated and compared with the FastSLAM2.0 and UFastSLAM using simulations and our opinion is confirmed by the results.
KeywordsMobile Robot SLAM Unscented Transform Cubature Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Doucet, A., Freitas, N.D.: Rao-Blackwellised particle filtering for dynamic Bayesian networks. In: Sixteenth Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 176–183 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Montemerlo, M., Thrun, S.: Simultaneous localization and mapping with unknown data association using FastSLAM. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA, pp. 1985–1991 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Montemerlo, M., Thrun, S., Koller, D., et al.: FastSLAM2.0: an improved particle filtering algorithm for simultaneous localization and mapping that provably converges. In: Eighteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), pp. 1151–1156 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, J.S., Kim, C.: Robust RBPF-SLAM using sonar sensors in non-static environments. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 250–256 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Song, Y., Li, Q.L., Kang, Y.F., Song, Y.D.: CFastSLAM: a new Jacobian free solution to SLAM problem. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (2012)Google Scholar