Phantom Elimination Based on Linear Stability and Local Intensity Disparity for Sonar Images
The paper proposes a novel approach to the phantom elimination of sonar images based on image post-processing technique. Firstly, the images are transformed to the polar coordinate to form straight phantom. In the mapped images, the distribution of linear stability is further evaluated so that distance-direction positions of phantoms may be displayed by means of locating peak areas of linear stability. Then, the neighboring peak areas are combined to avoid mutual interferences. Lastly, the local intensity disparity of each peak area is calculated, which the inpainting strategies are taken to fulfill the inpainting work of phantom areas. The algorithm does not require mask images beforehand, and has good inpainting performance and a simple inpainting process.
Keywordsphantom elimination linear stability local intensity disparity sonar image image inpainting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lei, B., Yang, K.D., Wang, Y.: Optimal sidelobe reduction of matched filter for bistatic sonar. In: 2012 International Conference on Computer Distributed Control and Intelligent Environmental Monitoring (CDCIEM), Zhangjiajie, China, pp. 469–472 (March 2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, Y., et al.: Robust minimum sidelobe beamforming in mode space for circular arrays. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computing (ICSPCC), Hong Kong, pp. 300–304 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Hong, Z.Q., et al.: Adaptive beamforming for MIMO radar with sidelobe control based on second order cone programming. In: 2012 International Conference on Information Science and Technology (ICIST), Wuhan, China, pp. 384–388 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Berbakov, L., Anton-Haro, C., Matamoros, J.: Distributed beamforming with sidelobe control using one bit of feedback. In: 2011 IEEE 73rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), Budapest, Hungary, pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Belfiori, F., et al.: Side-lobe suppression techniques for a uniform circular array. In: 2010 European Radar Conference (EuRAD), Paris, France, pp. 113–116 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Nosrati, M., Karimi, R.: Detection of circular shapes from impulse noisy images using median and laplacian filter and circular hough transform. In: 2011 8th International Conference on Electrical Engineering Computing Science and Automatic Control (CCE), Merida, Mexico, pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Bertalmio, M., Bertozzi, A.L., Sapiro, G.: Navier-stokes: fluid dynamics, and image and video inpainting. In: Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 355–362 (2001)Google Scholar