Automation of Upgrade Process for Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
This paper presents a framework for semi-automatic process of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system upgrade. We suggest to change currently accepted practice of manual upgrade process when domain expert-programmer works through all localizations and transforms them manually to the new version of ERP system. The core idea for this framework is to induce the software code transformation patterns from completed upgrade projects and then to refine these patterns by using knowledge of ERP upgrade expert. These patterns lets us to increase productivity of upgrade process by improving automatic code alignment and annotation and by providing code transformation to the new version of ERP system. The price for these improvements is a requirement for upgrade expert to move from traditional 4/GL ERP programming language to stochastic meta-programming language which is used to describe code alignment and code transformation patterns.
KeywordsERP system upgrade code alignment rules induction knowledge representation automatic code generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Baum, L.E.: An inequality and associated maximization technique in statistical estimation of probabilistic functions of a Markov process. Inequalities 3, 1–8 (1972)Google Scholar
- 6.Ehrenberg, M.: Microsoft Dynamics AX, A New Generation in ERP (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Hunt, J.W., McIlroy, M.D.: An algorithm for diferential file comparison. Computer Science Technical Report 41, Bell Laboratories (1975)Google Scholar
- 13.McMillan, C., Hariri, N., Poshyvanyk, D., Cleland-Huang, J., Mobasher, B.: Recommending source code for use in rapid software prototypes. In: 34th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), pp. 848–858 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Mens, T.: A Formal Foundation for Object-Oriented Software Evolution. PhD thesis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Faculty of Science - Departement of Computer Science - Programming Technology Lab (August 1999)Google Scholar
- 16.Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Dynamics NAV (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Roy, C.K., Cordy, J.R.: A survey on software clone detection research. Technical Report. Queens University at Kingston (2007)Google Scholar