Investigation of Reproducibility and Repeatability Issue on EFT Test at IC Level to Microcontrollers
As an important part of EMC, EFT performance at IC level is drawing more and more attentions from IC designers and product engineers. But there is no EFT test standard at IC level exist. CIIM is an influential method proposed for EFT test at IC level and is introduced in this paper. However, this test method is not so perfect and still needs to be improved. Two probes with different internal resistance are tested on a microcontroller to investigate the reproducibility and repeatability issue of the test. It can be very beneficial to the improvement of CIIM test method and the progress of standardization on EFT test at IC level.
KeywordsMicrocontroller EFT Reproducibility Repeatability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEC 61967: Integrated circuits - Measurement of Electromagnetic Emissions, 150 kHz to 1 GHz. Standard, International Electro-Technical Commission (2004) Google Scholar
- 2.IEC 62132: Integrated circuits - Measurement of Electromagnetic Immunity, 150 kHz to 1 GHz. Standard, International Electro-Technical Commission (2004) Google Scholar
- 3.IEC 62215: Integrated circuits - Measurement of Impulse Immunity. Standard Proposal, International Electro-Technical Commission (2005) Google Scholar
- 4.Auderer, G.: Conducted Impulse Injection Method (CIIM). In: Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Electromagnetic Compatibility of Integrated Circuits (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Musolino, F., Fiori, F.: Investigation on the susceptibility of microcontrollers to EFT interference. In: IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 410–413. IEEE Press, Chicago (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Deutschmann, B., Langer, G., Auderer, G.: Characterizing the Immunity of Integrated Circuits against Electrical Fast Transient Disturbances, http://www.langer-emv.de
- 7.Guideline IC EFT test, http://www.langer-emv.de
- 8.IEC 61000-4-4, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)-Part 4-4: Testing and Measurement Techniques - Electrical Fast Transient/Burst Immunity Test. Standard, International Electro-technical Commission (2001)Google Scholar