A Pork Traceability Framework Based on Internet of Things
It is essential to trace the source of food for security reasons. In this paper, a traceability framework is proposed and implemented for pork industry. We apply the technologies from Internet of Things such as remote monitoring, sensor network, and data mining to create a chain covering the whole process of pork production. The traceability information can also be accessed through the Internet and any costumer could find out where the pork he/she is buying comes from and how it comes. This paper is mainly focus on the implementation side of the traceability and how to preserve related information along the production process. Our experiments show that the proposed framework can implement the pork traceability efficiently.
KeywordsTraceability Internet of things 2D barcode Data mining
This research is supported by jiangsu science and technology support item under Grants No.BE2011398.
- 1.Xie, J.F., Lu, C.H., Li, B.M., Wang, L.F., Shi, Y., Xue, Q.K., Li, B.S.: Development of monitoring and traceability system for pork production. World Engineers Convention, Shanghai, China, pp. 2−6 (2004) Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, Z., Mao, B., Cao, J.: MRGIR: open geographical information retrieval using MapReduce. In: The 19th International Conference on GeoInformatics (GeoInformatics 2011), Shanghai, China, June 2011Google Scholar
- 6.Buckley, J.: From RFID to the Internet of things—pervasive networked systems. In: European Commission, DG Information Society and Media, Networks and Communication Technologies Directorate, Brussels (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Xiong, B.H.: A Comprehensive Technical Platform for Precision Feeding of Dairy Cattle, pp. 51–57. Chinese Agricultural Science &Technology Press, Beijing (2005). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Cunningham, E.P., Meghen, C.M.: Biological identification systems: genetic markers. Sci. Tech. Rev. 20(2), 491–499 (2001)Google Scholar