Applying Data Mining to the Customer Relationship Management in Retail Trade
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) has attracted much attention due to the high competition in the retail trade. Meanwhile, data mining has great potential to improve the effectiveness of CRM, since the data volume of customers is drastically increasing. In this paper, we firstly propose a logic structure of the retail CRM system, and thus discuss several data mining techniques, i.e., classification, clustering, association analysis, for CRM. Last but not the least, several sub-fields of CRM that are suitable to the application of data mining techniques are discussed. As can be seen from this paper, the retailers must strengthen the application of data mining technology research in order to support the management decision-making and improve the level of information management.
KeywordsRetail Customer relationship management Data mining
This Research is supported by A Project Funded by the Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD).
- 3.Sha, Z.: The application of customer relationship management in retailing. Today Hubei (Theory Edition) 1(5), 240–241 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Gao, Y., Xu, W., Yuan, L.: Analysis and structure of customer relationship management system based on retailing. Sci. Technol. Manage. Sum 24(2), 40–42 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Sun, Y., Zhao, P.: The retail CRM based on data mining. Mark. Modernization Sum 504(15), 6–7 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Yuan, Q.: The application of data mining in retailing. China Comp. Commun. Sum 132(12), 52–55 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Cao, J., Wu, Z., Wu, J., Liu, W.: Towards information-theoretic K-means clustering for image indexing. Sig. Process. (2012) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2012.07.030