Buckling of Non-isotropic Plates with Cut-Outs
To consider the buckling of non-homogeneous elastic thin structures weakened by holes, we analyze the effect of the area of rectangular or circular holes on a critical buckling load under compression of rectangular or circular plates made of isotropic, orthotropic or transversally isotropic materials.
KeywordsNon-isotropic plate buckling non-homogeneous plate buckling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alfutov, N.A.: Fundamentals of buckling analysis of elastic systems. Machinostroyenie, Russia (1991) ) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 2.Preobrazhensky, I.N.: Buckling and vibrations of plates and shells with the holes. Machinostroyenie, Russia (1981) (in Russian )Google Scholar
- 3.Ko, W.L.: Mechanical- and thermal-buckling behavior of rectangular plates with different central cutouts. Nasa report, Dryden Flight Research Center (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Lebedev, A.V.: Effects of the cut-outs on buckling of rectangular elastic plates under axial compression. Vestnik St. Petersburg University 1(4), 77–83 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Lebedev, A.V.: Buckling of plates weakened by cut-outs. Vestnik St. Petersburg University 1(2), 94–99 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Chizhevsky, C.G.: Analysis of circular and annular plates. Machinostroyenie, Russia (1977) (in Russian)Google Scholar