Symplectic Numerical Schemes for Stochastic Systems Preserving Hamiltonian Functions
We present high-order symplectic schemes for stochastic Hamiltonian systems preserving Hamiltonian functions. The approach is based on the generating function method, and we show that for the stochastic Hamiltonian systems, the coefficients of the generating function are invariant under permutations. As a consequence, the high-order symplectic schemes have a simpler form than the explicit Taylor expansion schemes with the same order. Moreover, we demonstrate numerically that the symplectic schemes are effective for long time simulations.
Keywordsstochastic Hamiltonian systems symplectic integration mean-square convergence high-order numerical schemes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anton, C., Deng, J., Wong, Y.S.: Symplectic schemes for stochastic Hamiltonian systems preserving Hamiltonian functions. Int. J. Num. Anal. Mod. (submitted)Google Scholar
- 2.Deng, J., Anton, C., Wong, Y.S.: High-order symplectic schemes for stochastic Hamiltonian systems. Comm. Comp. Physics (submitted)Google Scholar
- 3.Hairer, E.: Geometric numerical integration: structure-preserving algorithms for ordinary differential equations. Springer, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Hong, J., Wang, L., Scherer, R.: Simulation of stochastic Hamiltonian systems via generating functions. In: Proceedings IEEE 2011 4th ICCSIT (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, L.: Variational integrators and generating functions for stochastic Hamiltonian systems. Dissertation, University of Karlsruhe, Germany, KIT Scientific Publishing (2007), http://www.ksp.kit.edu