Ontology Merging in the Context of a Semantic Web Expert System
The purpose of this paper is to describe the process of OWL ontology merging and member function assignment for ontology elements. Ontology merging and member function assignment are necessary for constructing a Semantic Web Expert System (SWES) knowledge base. We use the acronym SWES to refer to expert systems which are capable of processing OWL ontologies from the Web with the purpose to supplement or even to develop their knowledge base. To our knowledge, the tasks of ontology merging and member function assignment for SWES have not yet been investigated.
KeywordsOntology Merging Semantic Web Expert Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Choi, N., Song, I.-Y., Han, H.: A Survey on Ontology Mapping. ACM SIGMOD Record (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Verhodubs, O., Grundspenkis, J.: Towards the Semantic Web Expert System. RTU Press, Riga (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Verhodubs, O., Grundspenkis, J.: Algorithm of ontology transformation to rules. RTU Press, Riga (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Verhodubs, O., Grundspenkis, J.: Evolution of Ontology Potential for Generation of Rules. In: International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics, Craiova (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Bai, Y., Wang, D.: Fundamentals of Fuzzy Logic Control – Fuzzy Sets, Fuzzy Rules and Defuzzifications. Springer (2006)Google Scholar