A Ripplet Transform Based Statistical Framework for Natural Color Image Retrieval
We present a novel Content Based Image Retrieval (CBIR) scheme for natural color images using Multi-scale Geometric Analysis (MGA) of Ripplet Transform (RT) Type-I in the statistical framework based on Generalized Gaussian Density (GGD) model and Kullback-Leibler Distance (KLD). The system is based on modeling the marginal distributions of RT coefficients by GGD framework and computing the similarity between the model parameters using the KLD. Least Square-Support Vector Machine (LS-SVM) classifier is used to classify the images of the database. Extensive experiments were carried out to evaluate the effectiveness of the proposed system on two image databases consisting 1000 (Simplicity) and 2788 (Oliva) images, respectively. Experimental results and comparisons show that the proposed CBIR system performs efficiently in image retrieval field.
KeywordsRT KLD LS-SVM CBIR MGA GGD
- 2.Chowdhury, M., Das, S., Kundu, M.K.: Novel CBIR system based on ripplet transform using interactive neuro-fuzzy technique. Elect. Letters on Comp. Vision and Image Anal. 11, 1–13 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Duc, H.N., Tien, T.L., Honl, T.D., Thu, C.B., Xuan, T.N.: Image retrieval using contourlet based interest points. In: Proc. of the 10th ISSPA, pp. 93–96 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Johnson, D.H., Sinanovic, S.: Symmetrizing the kullback-leibler distance. IEEE T. Inf. Theory (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Sumana, I.J., Islam, M.M., Zhang, D., Lu, G.: Content based image retrieval using curvelet transform. In: Proc. of 10th IEEE MMSP, pp. 11–16 (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Yang, C.C., Prashar, S.O., Landry, J.A., Perret, J., Ramaswamy, H.S.: Recognition of weeds with image processing and their use with fuzzy logic for precision farming. Can. Agr. Eng. 42, 195–200 (2000)Google Scholar