Should Business Informatics Care about Linked Open Data?
In this paper the current situation in organisations regarding the reuse of information is discussed. Problems of both information publishers and consumers are presented. Many of them can be avoided by adopting the new paradigm for sharing information, namely linked open data. Although this paradigm is getting on importance, being promoted by public administration, still it has not achieved a critical mass satisfactory for enterprises. Future research challenges for business informatics with respect to linked data on the Web are sketched in the conclusions.
Keywordslinked open data information reuse ontological foundations of business research directions challenges
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Brickley, D., Guha, R.V.: RDF Vocabulary Description Language 1.0: RDF Schema (2004), http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/
- 4.Berners-Lee, T.: Linked Data - Design Issues (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.ISA Program: D3.1 Process and Methodology for Core Vocabularies. Technical report, European Commission (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Ermilov, I., Auer, S., Stadler, C.: Crowd-Sourcing the Large-Scale Semantic Mapping of Tabular Data. In: Proceeding of the ACM Web Science (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Bouquet, P., Stoermer, H., Niederee, C., Maa, A.: Entity name system: The back-bone of an open and scalable web of data (2008)Google Scholar