Classifying Twitter Users Based on User Profile and Followers Distribution
We propose methods to classify Twitter users into open accounts and closed accounts. Open accounts (shop accounts, etc.) are the accounts who publish information to general public and their intentions is to promotion products, services or themselves. On the other hand, closed accounts tweet information on their daily lives or use Twitter as a communication tool with their friends. To distinguish these two different kinds of Twitter users can help us to search for local and daily information on Twitter. We classify Twitter accounts based on user profiles and followers distributions. The features of profile of open accounts include clue keywords, telephone number, detailed address, and so on. Follower distribution is another notable feature: most open accounts have followers from variety community. The experimental results validate our methods.
KeywordsReceiver Operating Characteristic Curve Telephone Number Open Account Twitter User Promotion Product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yan, L., Ma, Q., Yoshikawa, M.: Where can I Buy iPhone4S Now?: Spatio-Temporal Entity Retrieval on Twitter. DEIM Forum 2012 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Yan, L., Ma, Q., Yoshikawa, M.: Classifying Twitter Users for Spatio-temporal Entity Retrieval. IPSJ Technical Reports 2012-DBS-156(15), 1–6 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Pennacchiotti, M., Popescu, A.: A Machine Learning Approach to Twitter User Classification. In: ICWSM 2011, pp. 281–288 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Java, A., Song, X., Finin, T., Tseng, B.: Why We Twitter: Understanding Microblogging Usage and Communities. In: SNA-KDD 2007, pp. 56–65 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Chu, Z., Gianvecchio, S., Wang, H., Jajodia, S.: Who is Tweeting on Twitter: Human, Bot, or Cyborg? In: ACSAC 2010, pp. 21–30 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Bastian, M., Heymann, S., Jacomy, M.: Gephi: An Open Source Software for Exploring and Manipulating Networks. In: ICWSM 2009, pp. 361–362 (2009)Google Scholar