GCAPM: A Generic Context-Aware Model in Peer-to-Peer Environment
Many different applications are concentrating on collecting information about users. The main purpose of this information collection is to enable the applications of understanding the users, their preferences and their interests in order to provide them with personalized services. For these reasons, different applications in several areas organize user properties, preferences and interests based on a user model, a structure holding all relevant user-related information. Thus, the issue of user modeling is being tackled by researchers attempting to propose valuable structure and to provide adaptable applications to use it successfully. However, the most of published studies are focused on centralized user model. In this sense, we propose a Generic Context-aware Model (GCAPM) in peer-to-peer (P2P) environment. We illustrate the use of the model in the context of a case study, focusing on query expansion.
KeywordsUser model Prediction Ontology Expansion P2P Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bouidghaghen, O., Tamine, L., Boughanem, M.: Context-aware user’s interests for personalizing mobile search. In: 12th International Conference on Mobile Data Management, USA, pp. 129–134 (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Lu, J., Callan, J.: User modeling for full-text federated search in peer-to-peer networks. In: Proceedings of the 29th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, USA, pp. 332–339. ACM (August 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Mobasher, B., Dai, H., Luo, T., Sun, Y.: Integrating web usage and content mining for more effective personalization. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Electronic Commerce and Web Technologies, London, pp. 165–176 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Pass, G., Chowdhury, A., Torgeson, C.: A picture of search. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Scalable Information Systems, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Viviani, M., Bennani, N., Egyed-Zsigmond, E.: A survey on user modeling in multi-application environments. In: The Third International Conference on Advances in Human-oriented and Personalized Mechanisms, Technologies, and Services, pp. 111–116 (August 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Ye, J., Li, J., Zhu, Z., Gu, X., Shi, H.: Pcsm: A context sharing model in peer-to-peer ubiquitous computing environment. In: Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Convergence Information Technology, USA, pp. 1868–1873. IEEE Computer Society (November 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Yeferny, T., Bouzeghoub, A., Arour, K.: Context-aware routing method for p2p file sharing systems over manet. In: IMMoA, pp. 21–25 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Yeung, K.F., Yang, Y., Ndzi, D.: A proactive personalised mobile recommendation system using analytic hierarchy process and bayesian network. J. Internet Services and Applications, 195–214 (2012)Google Scholar