Seizure Detection in Clinical EEG Based on Multi-feature Integration and SVM
Recurrence Quantification Analysis (RQA) was a nonlinear analysis method and widely used to analyze EEG signals. In this work, a feature extraction method based on the RQA measures was proposed to detect the epileptic EEG from EEG recordings. To combine the time-frequency characteristic of epileptic EEG, variation coefficient and fluctuation index were used to analyze epileptic EEG. The multi-feature combination of RQA and linear parameters had better performance in analyzing the nonlinear dynamic characteristics and time-frequency characteristic of epileptic EEG. For features selection and improving the classification accuracy, a support vector machine (SVM) classifier was used. The experimental results showed that the proposed method could classify the ictal EEG and interictal EEG with accuracy of 97.98%.
KeywordsEpileptic EEG Recurrence quantification analysis (RQA) Multifeature integration Support vector machine (SVM)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wang, X.Y., Meng, J., Qiu, T.S.: Research on Chaotic Behavior of Epilepsy Electroencephalogram of Ehildren Based on Independent Component Analysis Algorithm. J. Biomed. Engin. 24, 835–841 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Ouyang, G., Xie, L., Chen, H., Li, X., Guan, X., Wu, H.: Automated Prediction of Epileptic Seizures in Rats with Recurrence Quantification Analysis. In: Conf. Proc. IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. Soc., pp. 153–156 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhong, J.K., Song, Z.H., Hao, W.Q.: Application of Recurrence Qualification Analysis to EMG. Acta Phys. Sin. 18, 241–245 (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Liu, X., Cheng, J.H., Lu, H.B., Zhang, L.F., Ma, J., Dong, X.Z.: Recurrence Quantification Analysis of Blood Pressure Signal in Rats after Simulated Weightlessness. Space Medicine& Medica l Engineering 19, 394–398 (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Chen, X.M., Qiu, Y.H., Zhu, Y.S.: Recurrence Plot Analysis of HRV for Brain Ischemia and Asphyxia. Journal of Biomedical Engineering 25, 39–43 (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Yan, R.Q., Zhu, Y.S.: Voiced/unvoiced Decision Based on Recurrence Quantification Analysis. Journal of Electronics & Information Technology 29, 1703–1706 (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.Zhao, J.L., Zhou, W.D., Liu, K., Cai, D.M.: EEG Signal Classification Based on SVM and Wavelet Analysis. Computer Applications and Software 28, 114–116 (2011)Google Scholar