An Improved Glowworm Swarm Optimization Algorithm Based on Parallel Hybrid Mutation
Glowworm swarm optimization (GSO) algorithm is a novel algorithm based on swarm intelligence and inspired from light emission behavior of glowworms to attract a peer or prey in nature. The main application of this algorithm is to capture all local optima of multimodal function. GSO algorithm has shown some such weaknesses in global search as low accuracy computation and easy to fall into local optimum. In order to overcome above disadvantages of GSO, this paper presented an improved GSO algorithm, which called parallel hybrid mutation glowworm swarm optimization (PHMGSO) algorithm. Experimental results show that PHMGSO has higher calculation accuracy and convergence faster speed compared to standard GSO and PSO algorithms.
KeywordsGSO PSO Hybrid Mutation Global Search
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Krishnanand, K.N., Ghose, D.: Detection of multiple source locations using a glowworm metaphor with applications to collective robotics. In: Proceedings of IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium, pp. 84–91 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, J.-l., Zhou, G., Zhou, Y.-Q.: A new artificial glowworm swarm optimization algorithm based on chaos method. In: Cao, B.-y., Wang, G.-j., Chen, S.-l., Guo, S.-z. (eds.) Quantitative Logic and Soft Computing 2010. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 82, pp. 683–693. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Yanmin, L., Ben, N.: A Novel PSO Model Based on Simulating Human Socia Communication Behaviorl. Discrere Dynamics Nature Society, Artilcle ID797373, 21pages (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhe, O., Zhou, Y.: Self-adaptive step glowworm swarm optimization algorithm. Journal of Computer Applications 31(7), 115–118 (2011)Google Scholar