Task-Oriented M-Commerce Interface Design
As pocket-size mobile devices are equipped with relatively small screen, when displaying web pages which are designed for personal computers and laptops, viewing poses a great challenge. Due to the limited space, items or components on the screen of pocket-size mobile devices should be much more intuitive so that users can interact with the interface more quickly. Thus, the study posits that m-commerce mandates a completely different approach, namely scenario-based design, to interface design which is task-oriented rather than functional-oriented. The result can be further summarized and compared with prior research which focused on a list of design factors.
Keywordsm-commerce scenario-based design interface design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cyr, D.: Modeling Website Design across Cultures: Relationships to Trust, Satisfaction, and E-Loyalty. Journal of MIS 24, 47–72 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Herzberg, F., Bermard, M., Synderman, B.: The Motivation to Work. Wiley, New York (1959)Google Scholar
- 3.Hess, J.M.: Group Interviewing. In: King, R.L. (ed.) New Science of Planning. American Marketing Association, Chicago (1968)Google Scholar
- 5.Jarvenpaa, S.L., Todd, P.A.: Consumer Relations to Electronic Shopping on the World Wide Web. IJEC 1, 59–88 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Krueger, R.A., Casey, M.A.: Focus group: A Practical Guide for Applied Research, 3rd edn. Sage Publications, London (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, Y.E., Benvasat, I.: A Framework for the Study of Customer Interface Design for Mobile Commerce. IJEC 8, 79–102 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Merton, R.K., Fiske, M., Kendall, P.L.: The Focus Interview. The Free Press, New York (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Morgan, D.L.: Planning Focus groups (Focus Group Kit), vol. 2. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Rosson, M.B., Carroll, J.M.: Usability Engineering: Scenario-Based Design Development of Human-Computer Interaction, 1st edn. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang, P., von Dran, G.M.: User Expectations and Ranking of Quality Factors in Different Web Site Domains. IJEC 6, 9–33 (2011)Google Scholar