Examining the Quality in Use of Web 2.0 Applications: A Three-Dimensional Framework
Quality in use plays an essential role in a wide acceptance of software applications. It includes two complementary concepts: usability and user experience. With an aim to assure the quality in use of websites, researchers have proposed various metrics, but without guidelines for their use. Additionally, research on this topic in the context of Web 2.0 applications is fairly modest. In this paper, we introduce a framework composed of three dimensions related to categories of the quality in use, functions of Web 2.0 applications, and agile software development methods. The proposed framework can be used for the classification of metrics as well as for a sound and systematic evaluation of the quality in use of Web 2.0 applications.
KeywordsWeb 2.0 Quality in Use Evaluation Framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abrahamsson, P., Salo, O., Ronkainen, J., Warsta, J.: Agile software development methods - Review and analysis. VTT Publications, Espoo (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.O’Reilly, T.: What is Web 2.0: design patterns and business models for the next generation of software (2005), http://oreilly.com/web2/archive/what-is-web-20.html
- 4.Orehovački, T.: Proposal for a Set of Quality Attributes Relevant for Web 2.0 Application Success. In: 32nd International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces, pp. 319–326. IEEE Press, Cavtat (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Orehovački, T.: Perceived Quality of Cloud Based Applications for Collaborative Writing. In: Pokorny, J., et al. (eds.) Information Systems Development – Business Systems and Services: Modeling and Development, pp. 575–586. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Orehovački, T., Bubaš, G., Kovačić, A.: Taxonomy of Web 2.0 Applications with Educational Potential. In: Cheal, C., Coughlin, J., Moore, S. (eds.) Transformation in Teaching: Social Media Strategies in Higher Education, pp. 43–72. Informing Science Press, Santa Rosa (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Ramler, R., Weippl, E., Winterer, M., Schwinger, W., Altmann, J.: A Quality-Driven Approach to Web Testing. In: Ibero-american Conference on Web Engineering, ICWE 2002, Santa Fe, vol. 1, pp. 81–95 (2002)Google Scholar