Fundamental Study for New Evaluation Method Based on Physical and Psychological Load in Human Movement
Recently, Japan (also world-wide countries) has become aged society, and wide variety welfare device and system have been developed. But evaluation of welfare system and device are limited only stability, intensity and partial operability. So, evaluation of usefulness is insufficient. Therefore, we will attempt to establish the standard to evaluate usefulness for objectively and quantitatively on the basis of including non-verbal cognition. In this paper, we measure load of sitting and standing movement to use EMG (Electoromyogram) and 3D Motion Capture and set a goal to establish objective evaluation method. We think that establishing objective evaluation method is necessity to develop useful welfare device. We examined possibility of assessing load and fatigue from measuring brain activity to use NIRS (Near Infra-Red Spectoroscopy).
KeywordsEvaluation Movement Exercise 3D Motion Capture NIRS EMG Care Welfare Technology Evaluation method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Takahashi, N., Shimizu, S., Hirata, Y., Nara, H., Miwakeichi, F., Hirai, N., Kikuchi, S., Watanabe, E., Kato, S.: Fundamental Study for a New Assistive System during Car Driving. In: Proc. of International Conferrence on Robotics and Biomimetics, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Takahashi, N., Shimizu, S., Hirata, Y., Nara, H., Inoue, H., Hirai, N., Kikuchi, S., Watanabe, E., Kato, S.: Basic study of analysis of human brain activities during car driving. In: Smith, M.J., Salvendy, G. (eds.) HCII 2011, Part I. LNCS, vol. 6771, pp. 627–635. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Shimizu, S., Takahashi, N., Nara, H., Inoue, H., Hirata, Y.: Basic Study for Human Brain Activity Based on the Spatial Cognitive Task. In: The Third International Conference on Advanced Cognitive Techonologies and Applications, Italy (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Shimizu, S., Takahashi, N., Inoue, H., Nara, H., Miwakeichi, F., Hirai, N., Kikuchi, S., Watanabe, E., Kato, S.: Basic Study for a New Assitive System Based on Brain Activity associated with Spatial Perception Task during Car driving. In: Proc. International Conferrence on Robotics and Biomimetics, Thailand (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Kuratsune, H., Yamaguti, K., Lindh, G., Evengard, B., Hagberg, G., Matsumura, K., Iwase, M., Onoe, H., Takahashi, M., Machii, T., Kanakura, Y., Kitani, T., Langstrom, B., Watanage, Y.: Brain Regions Involved in Fatigue Sensation: Reduced Acetylcarnitine Uptake in to the Brain. Neuroimage 17, 1256–1265 (2001)CrossRefGoogle Scholar