Survey and Expert Evaluation for e-Banking
A variety of factors impact customer take-up of and satisfaction with e-commerce platforms. Aspects of functionality, usability, security and customer service are considered key determinants of perceived service quality. The study examines e-banking platforms in the United Arab Emirates using survey and expert evaluation. The evaluation has identified the platforms that were considered better overall and highlighted areas for improvement. The paper reflects on the usefulness of the methods employed in the evaluation and outlines issues for future work.
KeywordsEvaluating e-commerce e-banking case study survey and expert evaluations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Basel Committee on Banking Supervision: Risk Management Principles for Electronic Banking. Bank for International Settlements (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Guru, B.K., et al.: Electronic Banking in Malaysia: A Note on Evolution of Services and Consumer Reactions (1999), http://www.arraydev.com/commerce/JIBC/0103_01.htm (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 11.Nielsen, J.: Did Poor Usability Kill E-Commerce? (2001), http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010819.html (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 12.Nielsen, J., Mack, R.L. (eds.): Usability inspection methods. Wiley, Chichester (1994)Google Scholar
- 14.Rhodes, J.S.: Usability can save your company (2000), http://webword.com/moving/savecompany.html (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 18.Soufi, B., Maguire, M.: Personal Internet banking – a UAE case study. In: Kommers, P., Isaias, P. (eds.) Proceedings of IADIS e-Society 2010, pp. 315–321 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Tan, W., Liu, D., Bishu, R.: Web evaluation: Heuristic evaluation vs. user testing. Int. J. of Industrial Ergonomics 39(4), 621–627Google Scholar
- 21.UAE Central Bank, http://www.centralbank.ae/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=97 (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 22.United Nations Development Programme: Human Development Report - HDI Rankings (2011), http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/ (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 23.UsabilityNet: The business case for usability (2003), http://www.usabilitynet.org/management/c_business.htm (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 26.Williams, K., Richardson, N.: Online Banking: Are You Ready? Black Enterprise 35(12), 93–99 (2005), http://www.blackenterprise.com/mag/online-banking-are-you-ready/ (accessed February 22, 2013)
- 27.World Bank: Data (2011), http://data.worldbank.org/country/united-arab-emirates (accessed February 22, 2013)