Managing HMI Quality in Embedded System Development
We have developed HMI metrics to evaluate the usability of software products. System engineers who are not usability professional can design basic HMI software by using this metrics. The HMI metrics is expected to be applied for the Software Quality Auditing System in the future.
KeywordsHMI Usability Software quality metric Knowledge management Safety Security and reliability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IPA: Information-technology Promotion Agency, JAPAN Software Engineering Center, Activity reports of Group the software quality auditing system and Report commissioned project related, IPA (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry, Commerce and information policy bureau, Information service industry division, Embedded software industry survey report 2010 - Research projects for responsible of business, METI (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Hirasawa, N.: An Empirical Analysis for the Effectiveness of HCD Integration. Otaru University of Commerce The Economic Review 61(1), 127–139 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.IPA: Information-technology Promotion Agency, JAPAN Software Engineering Center, ESPR: Embedded System development Process Reference guide. SHOEISHA Co., Ltd. (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Cooper, A., Reimann, R., Cronin, D.: About Face 3 The Essentials of Interaction Design. ASCII MEDIA WORKS Inc. (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Shackel, B., Richardson, S.: Human factors for Informatics Usability - Background and Overview. In: Shackel, B., Richardson, S. (eds.) Human Factors for Informatics Usability. Cambridge University Press (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.ISO/IEC 25000:2005 Software Engineering - Software product Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) - Guide to SQuaRE (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC 25010:2011 Software Engineering - Software product Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) - System and software quality models (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Basili, V.: Using Measurement to Build Core Competencies in Software. Data and Analysis Center for Software (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Urokohara, H., Hirasawa, N., Kanda, S.: HMI guidelines and metrics for improving Quality in use. In: HCD Research Conference 2012 (2012)Google Scholar