Collective Intelligence for Einclusion
Collective intelligence is a concept under development that could have an important impact on eInclusion, adding a social component to the actions in favour of disadvantaged people. Even if some interesting applications of the concept have been presented, their description so far mainly deals with the technical aspects of their implementation. The main message of the paper, based on preliminary work in the laboratory and experiments in the field under preparation as an activity in the AAL (Ambiente Assisted Living) project FOOD, is that a careful analysis of the features of the problem to be addressed and of the community potentially active in the support cooperative network can lead to a more efficient set up and running of applications based on the collective intelligent concept.
KeywordsUniversal design Collective intelligence Ambient Intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.WeKnowIt project: Final white paper on Collective Intelligence D9.4.2 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.C.A.R.E. project website, http://www.interreg-care.org/site/
- 5.IBM The social Accessibility Project, http://www.research.ibm.com/social/projects_sap.shtml
- 6.FOOD project website, http://www.food-aal.eu/
- 7.Lykourentzou, I., Vergados, D.J., Kapetanios, E., Loumos, V.: Collective Intelligence Systems: Classification and Modeling. J. of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence 3(3) (August 2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Malone, T.W., Laubacher, R., Dellarocas, C.: Harnessing Crowds: Mapping the Genome of Collective Intelligence, MIT Centre for Collective Intelligence, WP n.2009-001Google Scholar