Exploration of Picture E-Book Design for App Web
The objective of this study is to investigate the interactive relationship between picture e-book design and children with the interface of APP web for mobile devices. In order to achieve the objective, the focus of this study is in applying APP technology to picture e-book. Also, APP web interfaces based on both smartphone and tablet via picture book are designed in the study. Furthermore, this study discusses children interface satisfaction in reading the e-book. It shows that both the interactive process and the result differ in smartphone and in tablet. It seems to be the best way for children to read the picture e-book if they can easily touch the buttons on the screen of a tablet.
KeywordsPicture e-book APP web design smartphone tablet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bowcock, J., Pope, S.: iPhone 3G on Sale Tomorrow. Press Release. APPle Inc. (2008), http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/07/10iPhone-3G-on-Sale-Tomorrow.html
- 2.Kerris, N., Bowcock, J.: APPle’s APP Store Downloads Top 1.5 Billion in First Year. Press Release. APPle Inc. (2009), http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/07/14Apples-App-Store-Downloads-Top-1-5-Billion-in-First-Year.html
- 3.Smart phones: how to stay clever in downturn. Deloitte Telecommunications Predictions (2009), http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Montenegro/Local%20Assets/Documents/me_Telecomunications_Predictions-2009.pdf
- 4.Smartphones Account for Half of all Mobile Phones, Dominate New Phone Purchases in the US, http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/smartphones-account-for-half-of-all-mobile-phones-dominate-new-phone-purchases-in-the-us/
- 5.Graziano, D.: Android projected to own the smartphone market for the next four years (2012), http://bgr.com/2012/12/04/mobile-market-share-2012-android/
- 6.Eileen, G., Musto, R.G.: The Electronic Book. In: Suarez, M.F., Woudhuysen, H.R. (eds.) The Oxford Companion to the Book. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Saylor, M.: The Mobile Wave: How Mobile Intelligence Will Change Everything. Vanguard Press, New York (2012)Google Scholar