Ambient Assisted Living Development in East Slovakia
Authors describe preliminary results and some new plans in the development project of the new social service in Kosice city in East Slovakia. On 20 users group of Kosice citizens it is shown how applied research has been translated into practical innovation of regional social service based on ICT technology. Results were obtained in frame of the International European project MonAMI – Mainstreaming on Ambient Intelligence, supported by the 6-th framework program of the European Commission. It shows how ambient technology platform MonAMI and related ICT services were adapted into society in a city and rural area too in Slovakia. MonAMI is European project focusing on ambient assisted living concept to increase autonomy, enhance ICT services for monitoring purposes for carers and support safety of vulnerable people living alone. Current plans for further development and implementation in praxis in cooperation with the SME are described.
Keywordsseniors ambient assistive living sensor networks open architecture tele-health
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fagerberg, G.: Mainstream Services for Elderly and Disabled People at Home. In: Emiliani, P.L., Burzagli, L., Como, A., Gabbanini, F., Salminen, A.L. (eds.) AAATE 2009. Assistive Technology Research Series, vol. 25, pp. 287–291. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Marco, A., Casas, R., Bauer, G., Blasco, R., Asensio, A., Jean-Bart, B., Ibane, M.: Common OSGi Interface for Ambient Assisted Living Scenarios. In: Gottfried, B., Aghajan, H. (eds.) Ebook series: Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, vol. 3, pp. 336–357. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.OSGi4AMI, Source Forge, http://sourceforge.net/projects/osgi4ami/
- 5.OSGi Service Platform Core Specification, rel.4, http://www.osgi.org/download/r4v41/r4.core.pdf
- 6.URC Consortium: Universal Remote Console Standard, http://myurc.org/publications/2004-CHI-URC.php (accessed November 2011)
- 7.OSGi Alliance: About the OSGi Service Platform (June 2007) http://www.osgi.org/wiki/uploads/Links/OSGiTechnicalWhitePaper.pdf (accessed November 2011)
- 8.Simsik, D., Galajdova, A., Siman, D., Bujnak, J., Andrasova, M., Novak, M.: First experience of implementation of social services based on ICT in Slovakia (CD-ROM). European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine 47 (suppl. 1) (2), 33–34 (2011) ISBN 1973-9087Google Scholar
- 9.Simsik, D., Galajda, P., Galajdova, A., Jean-Bart, B.: Wireless and 1-wire solutions for inclusive home environment of seniors. In: Emiliani, P.L., Burzagli, L., Como, A., Gabbanini, F., Salminen, A.L. (eds.) AAATE 2009. Assistive Technology Research Series, vol. 25, pp. 303–308. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Fagerberg, G., et al.: Platforms for AAL Applications. In: Lukowicz, P., Kunze, K., Kortuem, G. (eds.) EuroSSC 2010. LNCS, vol. 6446, pp. 177–201. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar