Interviewer Agent for Cognitive Task Analysis
A chat-based interviewer agent (IA) for cognitive task analysis was developed. This agent automatically generates questions for and responses to the answers from the human interviewee. The automated response process is based on shallow intelligence incorporating an interview technique for cognitive task analysis. We also considered the knowledge awareness (KA) effect and designed the interview as a fake group interview, with one agent interviewer, one agent interviewee, and a human interviewee. We conducted test interviews with 14 subjects to evaluate the new functions of the IA. The results show that KA and the fake group interview were effective and that the performance was better than that of the previous version, which used a one-on-one interview without considering KA.
Keywordsinterviewer agent cognitive task analysis knowledge awareness group interview effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Augello, A., Vassallo, G., Gaglio, S., Pilato, G.: EHeBby: An evocative humorist chat-bot. Mobile Information Systems 4(3), 165–181 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Crandall, B., Klein, G., Hoffman, R.: Working Minds. MIT Press (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Ito, S., Araki, K.: Acquisition and Offer of Knowledge Using Talk Media with Active Question Generation. JPSJ SIG Technical Reports, NL-180(5), 121–126 (2007) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Kiyota, Y., Kurohashi, S., Kido, F.: Dialog Navigator. J. Natural Language Processing 10(4), 145–176 (2003) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Mauldin, M.L.: CHATTERBOTs, TINYMUD, and the Turing Test Entering the Loebner Prize Competition. In: Proceedings of the AAAI-1994, pp. 16–21 (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Misu, T., Kawahara, T., Shoji, T., Monoh, M.: Speech-based Interactive Information Guidance System using Question-Answering and Information Recommendation. J. Information Processing Society of Japan 48(12), 3602–3611 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Ogata, H., Matsuura, K., Yano, Y.: Knowledge Awareness. In: Proc. of Educational Telecommunications, pp. 232–237 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Torizawa, K.: A Dialog Agent That Interviews Users. JPSJ SIG Technical Reports, NL-180(5), 25–30 (2007) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Wallace, R.S.: Alice: http://alicebot.blogspot.com/
- 12.Watabe, T., Ohsawa, I., Yonezawa, A.: A Japanese Dialog System Applicable to Multiple Discourse Domains. Trans. Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence 2(2), 206–213 (1987) (in Japanese)Google Scholar