Neural Network Based Direct Adaptive Backstepping Method for Fin Stabilizer System
- 3.3k Downloads
Based on the backstepping method and the neural networks (NNs) technique, a direct adaptive controller is proposed for a class of nonlinear fin stabilizer system in this paper. This approach overcomes the uncertainty in the nonlinear fin stabilizer system and solves the problems of mismatch and controller singularity. The stability analysis shows that all the signals of the closed-loop system are uniformly ultimate boundedness (UUB). A simulation example is given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
Keywordsfin stabilizer direct adaptive control neural networks backstepping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karakas, S.C., Sc, M.: Control design of fin roll stabilization in beam seas based on Lyapunov’s direct method. Maritime Research 73(2), 25–30 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Allan, J.F.: Stabilisation of ships by activated fins. Transactions of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects RINA 87, 123–159 (1945)Google Scholar
- 3.Conolly, J.E.: Rolling and its stabilization by active fins. Transactions of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects RINA 111, 21–48 (1968)Google Scholar
- 4.Hickey, N.A., Johnson, M.A., Katebi, M.R., Grimble, M.J.: PID Controller Optimisation for Fin Roll Stabilisation. In: International Conference on Control Applications Kohala Coast-bland of Hawai’i, Hawai’i, USA, vol. 2, pp. 1785–1790 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Fuat, A.: Internal model control using neural network for ship roll stabilization. Journal of Marine Science and Technology 15(2), 141–147 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Kang, T.Z., Luo, D., Yan, X., Niu, Y.: The Study of Neural Network Control System of the Fin Stabilizer. Ship Egineering 34(2), 278–301 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Hassan, G., Fatemeh, D., Parviz, G., Babak, O.: Neural network-PID controller for roll fin stabilizer. Polish Maritime Research 17(2), 23–28 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Ge, S.S., Hang, C.C., Zhang, T.: Stable adaptive neural network control. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2002)Google Scholar