Opposition-Based Learning Fully Informed Particle Swarm Optimizer without Velocity
By applying full information and employing the notion of opposition-based learning, a new opposition based learning fully information particle swarm optimiser without velocity is proposed for optimization problems. Different from the standard PSO, particles in swarm only have position without velocity and the personal best position gets updated using opposition-based learning in the algorithm. Besides, all personal best positions are considered to update particle position. The theoretical analysis for the proposed algorithm implies that the particle of the swarm tends to converge to a weighted average of all personal best position. Because of discarding the particle velocity, and using full information and opposition-based learning, the algorithm is the simpler and more effective. The proposed algorithm is applied to some well-known benchmarks. The relative experimental results show that the algorithm achieves better solutions and faster convergence.
Keywordsparticle swarm optimizer opposition-based learning full information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948. IEEE Service Center, Perth (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Tizhoosh, H.R.: Opposition-Based Learning: A New Scheme for Machine Intelligence. In: Int. Conf. on Computational Intelligence for Modelling Control and Automation (CIMCA 2005), Vienna, Austria, vol. I, pp. 695–701 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Jabeen, H., Jalil, Z., Baig, A.R.: Opposition based initialization in particle swarm optimization O-PSO. In: GECCO Companion, pp. 2047–2052. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, H., Liu, Y., Li, C., Zeng, S.: Opposition-based Particle Swarm Algorithm with Cauchy Mutation. In: IEEE CEC, pp. 4750–4756 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.van den Bergh, F.: An analysis of particle swarm optimizers. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa (2002)Google Scholar