Improved Algorithms Based on the Simple Particle Swarm Optimization
As one of the representative algorithms in swarm intelligence, particle swarm optimization has been applied to many fields because of its several merits, such as simple concept, easy realizing and fast convergence rate in the early evolutionary. However, it still has some disadvantages such as easy falling into the local extremum, slow convergence velocity and low convergence precision in the late evolutionary. Two new algorithms based on the simple particle swarm optimization are proposed to try to improve the precision of the algorithm in a certain error range of the length of time. The algorithms have been simulated and compared with the particle swarm optimization and the simple particle swarm optimization. The simulations show that the algorithms have a higher convergence precision for some functions or a particular issue.
KeywordsSwarm Intelligence Particle Swarm Optimization Swarm Robots
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Swarm Intelligence. Academic Press, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, M., Zhu, Y.L., He, X.X.: Research Summarize of Swarm Intelligence. Computer Project 31, 194–196 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Washington, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: A new optimizer using particle swarm theory. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, Nagoya, pp. 39–43 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Clerc, M.: The swarm and the queen: Towards a deterministic and adaptive particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1951–1957 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Xue, S.D., Zeng, J.C.: Swarm Robotics: A Survey. Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence 21, 177–185 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, B.D.: Improved Particle Swarm algorithms based on the characteristics of swarm robots. Master thesis, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Gerkey, B., Vaughan, R., Howard, A.: The Player/Stage Project: Tools for Multi-robot and Distributed Sensor Systems. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Robotics, pp. 317–323 (2003)Google Scholar