Security Authentication of AODV Protocols in MANETs
Mobile ad hoc networks are a collection of two or more devices equipped with wireless communication and networking capability and they move in dynamic and topology way. The nodes should deploy an intermediate node to be the router to route the packet from the source node to destination node. The wireless links in this network are prone to errors and can go down frequently due to mobility of nodes, interference and lack of infrastructure. Therefore, routing in MANET is a critical task due to highly dynamic environment. In recent years several routing protocols have been proposed for mobile ad hoc networks to increase the secure path between the nodes. We focus on our scheme on the authentication between the nodes and we choose Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) protocol to apply this scheme, which it depends on hash function, secret value and random number generation. This scheme is used to produce secure and authentic environment between the nodes In Mobile Ad Hoc Network.
KeywordsBlack hole hash function Random hash function AODV MetaID
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Conti, M.: Body, Personal and Local Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. In: The Handbook of Ad Hoc Wireless Networks, ch. 1. CRC Press LLC (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhou, L., Hass, Z.J.: Securing Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE NetworksGoogle Scholar
- 3.Zhang, Y., Lee, W.: Security in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. In: Ad Hoc Networks Technologies and Protocols, ch. 9. Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M.: Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector RoutingGoogle Scholar
- 5.Omala, C.R., Shetty, S., Padmashree, S., Elevarasi, E.: Wireless Ad hoc Mobile Networks. In: National Conference on Computing Communication and Technology, pp. 168–174 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Das, S.R., Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M.: Performance Comparison of Two On-demand Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc NetworksGoogle Scholar
- 7.Varaprasad, G., Venkataram, P.: The analysis of secure routing in mobile Ad Hoc network. In: International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, December 13-15, vol. 4, pp. 393–397 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Yi, Y., Naldurg, P., Kravets, R.: A security-aware routing protocol for wireless Ad Hoc networks, http://www-sal.cs.uiuc.edu/~rhk/pubs/SCI2002.pdf
- 9.Castelluccia, C., Mutaf, P.: Hash-Based Dynamic Source Routing. In: Mitrou, N.M., Kontovasilis, K., Rouskas, G.N., Iliadis, I., Merakos, L. (eds.) NETWORKING 2004. LNCS, vol. 3042, pp. 1012–1023. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Zapata, M.G.: Secure ad hoc on-demand distance vector (saodv) routing, internet-draft draftguerrero-manet-saodv-00.txt (October 2002)Google Scholar