Fault-Tolerant Topology Control Based on Artificial Immune Theory in WMNs
With more and more wireless city are constructed completely, the wireless mesh network is widely applied. However, the more applications are serviced in Wireless Mesh Network(WMN), the bigger influence when there is a failure in wireless mesh network. In order to enhance the reliability of WMN, we proposed a Fault-Tolerant topology control algorithm based on Artificial Immune(FTAI). FTAI controls network topology to ensure that the client nodes can maintain k-connectivity to the mesh router nodes, as a result, the network can tolerate k-1 nodes failure. For optimizing the process, FTAI designs a secondary immunization clonal selection algorithm to accelerate the computing speed. Through the analysis of experimental results, the WMN achieved optimum performance of many aspects in the premise of network fault-tolerant.
KeywordsIndex Terms - Artificial Immune Theory Topology Control Wireless Mesh Network Fault Tolerant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Moraes, R., Ribeiro, C., Duhamel, C.: Optimal Solutions for Fault-tolerant Topology Control in Wireless Ad hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 8(12), 1106–1109 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, J., Du, R., Zhang, H.: Intrusion Detection Model Based on Incomplete Information Game in Wireless Mesh Networks. China Communication 9(10), 23–32 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, T., Yang, K., Chen, H.-H.: Topology Control for Service-Oriented Wireless Mesh Networks. IEEE Wireless Communications, 64–71 (August 2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Wen, J.: Wireless mesh network structural design on modern campus. 2009 International Forum on Computer Science-Technology and Applications 2, 127–129 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, N., Wang, H.: A security architecture for wireless mesh network. In: International Conference on Challenges in Environmental Science and Computer Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 263–266 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Gong, T., Cai, Z.: Robustness Reducing Model of Distributed Artificial Immune System. In: Third International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC 2007), vol. 38, pp. 956–961 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, L.: A Fault Tolerant Topology Control Algorithm for Large-scale Sensor Networks. In: Eighth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies, pp. 407–412 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, N., Hou, J.C., Sha, L.: Design and Analysis of an MST-Based Topology Control Algorithm. In: Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1702–1712 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Meng, Z.: Fault Tolerant Topology Control for Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEEGoogle Scholar