Cloud Storage of Artifact Annotations to Support Case Managers in Knowledge-Intensive Business Processes
In many domains, there are tasks for which no strict process can be prescribed, but which require the expertise of case managers who work with information from a broad set of sources. To support case managers’ highly individual work, we present an approach that enables them to structure their work along a flexible agenda and a diverse collection of artifacts. We propose a cloud-based architecture for annotating artifacts with document- and content-level metadata to support case managers’ cognitive effort of organizing, relating and evaluating the multitude of artifacts involved in each case, and describe a tool that provides a consolidated environment for working with artifacts from heterogeneous sources.
Keywordscase management agendas artifacts annotations cloud storage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Singularity: Case Management – Combining Knowledge With Process. In: BPTrends (July 2009), http://www.bptrends.com
- 4.Kunze, J., Baker, T.: The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set. RFC 5013 (August 2007), http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5013.txt
- 5.Adobe, Inc.: Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP), http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/
- 6.Reijers, H.A., Limam, S., van der Aalst, W.M.P.: Product-Based Workflow Design. Journal of Management Information Systems 20(1), 229–262 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Schmidt, B., Stoitsev, T., Muehlhaeuser, M.: Activity-centric support for weakly-structured business processes. In: Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems (EICS 2010), pp. 251–260. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Hädrich, T.: Situation-oriented Provision of Knowledge Services. Dissertation, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Pegasystems, Inc., http://www.pega.com/products/case-management
- 12.Swenson, K.D.: Mastering the unpredictable: How adaptive case management will revolutionize the way that knowledge workers get things done. Meghan-Kiffer Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Holz, H., Maus, H., Bernardi, A., Rostani, O.: From Lightweight, Proactive Information Delivery to Business Process-Oriented Knowledge Management. Journal of Universal Knowledge Management. Special Issue on Knowledge Infrastructures for the Support of Knowledge Intensive Business Processes 0(2), 101–127 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Miers, D., Le Clair, C.: The Forrester Wave – Dynamic Case Management, Q1 2011 Report, Forrester Research, Inc. (January 2011)Google Scholar