Location-Based Concept in Activity Log Ontology for Activity Recognition in Smart Home Domain
- 1.1k Downloads
Activity recognition plays an important role in several researches. Nevertheless, the existing researches suffer various kinds of problems when human has a different lifestyle. To address these shortcomings, this paper proposes the activity log in the context-aware infrastructure ontology in order to interlink the history user’s context and current user’s context. In this approach, the location-based concept is built into the activity log for producing the description logic (DL) rules. The relationship between activities in the same location is investigated for making the result of activity recognition more accurately. We also conduct the semantic ontology search (SOS) system for evaluating the effectiveness of our proposed ideas. The semantic data can be retrieved through SOS system, including, human activity and activity of daily living (ADL). The results from SOS system showed the advantage overcome the existing system when uses the location-based concept in activity log ontology.
KeywordsActivity recognition Activity log Location-based concept Description logic rules The semantic ontology search Activity of daily living
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chen, L., Okeyo, G., Wang, H., Sterritt, R., Nugent, C.: A Systematic Approach to Adaptive Activity Modeling and Discovery in Smart Homes. In: 4th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics, Shanghai, pp. 2192–2196 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Henricksen, K., Indulska, J.: Modelling and using imperfect context information. In: 2nd IEEE Annual Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, Washington, DC, pp. 33–37 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Riboni, D., Pareschi, L., Radaelli, L., Bettini, C.: Is Ontology-based Activity Recognition Really Effective? In: 8th IEEE Workshop on Context Modeling and Reasoning, Seattle, WA, pp. 427–431 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Wongpatikaseree, K., Ikeda, M., Buranarach, M., Supnithi, T., Lim, A.O., Tan, Y.: Activity Recognition using Context-Aware Infrastructure Ontology in Smart Home Domain. In: International Conference on Knowledge, Information and Creativity Support Systems, Melbourne, pp. 50–57 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, Language and Semantic Technology Laboratory, http://text.hlt.nectec.or.th/ontology/