Retracted: An Enhanced Anonymous Authentication and Key Exchange Scheme Using Smartcard
Nowadays, anonymity property of user authentication scheme becomes important. In 2003, Park et al. proposed an authentication and key exchange scheme using smart card. However, Juang et al. pointed out that Park et al.’s scheme did not provide the user anonymity. Then, they presented an anonymous authenticated key exchange protocol using smart cards in 2008. They argued that their scheme provided identity privacy, mutual authentication, and half-forward secrecy. In 2009, however, Lee et al. showed that Juang et al.’s scheme is not secure against stolen-verifier attack. Moreover, Juang’s scheme does not satisfy the user anonymity. To solve this problem, we proposed an improved anonymous authentication and key exchange scheme. Then, we show that the proposed scheme is secure against various well-known attacks.
Keywordsanonymous user authentication password key exchange protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Kwon, T., Park, Y., Lee, H.: Security analysis and improvement of the efficient password-based authentication protocol. IEEE Communications Letters 9(1), 93–95 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Park, Y., Park, S.: Two factor authenticated key exchange (TAKE) protocol in public wireless LANs. IEICE Trans. Communications E87-B(5), 1382–1385 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, C., Hwang, M.: Cryptanalysis of simple authenticated key agreement protocols. IEICE Trans. Communications E87-A(8), 2174–2176 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Park, Y.M., Park, S.K.: Two factor authenticated key exchange(TAKE) protocol in public wireless LANs. IEICE Trans. Communications E87-B(5), 1382–1385 (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Juang, W.-S., Wu, J.-L.: Two efficient two-factor authenticated key exchange protocols in public wireless LANs. Computers and Electrical Engineering 10, 1–8 (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Yeh, T.-C., Shen, H.-Y., Hwang, J.-J.: A Secure One-Time Password Authentication Scheme Using Smart Cards E85-B(11), 2515–2518 (2002)Google Scholar
- 17.Lee, H., Choi, D., Lee, Y., Won, D., Kim, S.: Cryptanalysis of Two-Factor Authenticated Key Exchange Protocol in Wireless LANs. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 59, 390–393 (2009)Google Scholar