A Two-Layer Multi-dimensional Trustworthiness Metric for Web Service Composition
Web service composition is a promising area to revolutionize the collaboration among heterogeneous applications. Trust is recognized as an important topic in this research area. In this paper, we propose a two-layer multi-dimensional metric to represent the trustworthiness of web service composition programs. We explored several dimensions for both composition level and service level and finalize the metric, as an indicator, to represent the trustworthiness of the automatic service composition. We also propose a method to transfer the multi-dimensional metric into a single value for comparison purpose. A simulation experiment shows that the proposed metric shows better results than the empirical judgement based on past experiences.
Keywordstrust trustworthiness web service composition metric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dimoka, A.: What Does the Brain Tell Us about Trust and Distrust? Evidence From A Functional Neuroimaging Study. MIS Quarterly 34(2), 373–396 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Jiao, H., Liu, J., Li, J., Liu, C.: Trust for Web Service Composers. In: The 12th Global Information Technology Management Association World Conference, GITMA, pp. 180–184 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Mayer, R.C., Davis, J.H., Schoorman, F.D.: An Integrative Model of Organizational Trust. The Academy of Management Review 20(3), 709–734 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.McKnight, D.H., Chervany, N.L.: What Trust Means in E-Commerce Customer Relationships: An Interdisciplinary Conceptual Typology. International Journal on Electronic Commerce 6(2), 35–59 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Pavlou, P.A., Tan, Y.-H., Gefen, D.: The Transitional Role of Institutional Trust in Online Interorganizational Relationships. In: 36th Hawaii International Conference on Sytem Sciences, HICSS 2003, p. 215a (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Tsur, S., Abiteboul, S., Agrawal, R., Dayal, U., Klein, J., Weikum, G.: Are Web Services the Next Revolution in e-Commerce. Paper Presented at the The 27th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, VLDB 2001 (2001)Google Scholar
- 17.Wang, Y., Vassileva, J.: A Review on Trust and Reputation for Web Service Selection. In: 27th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops, ICDCSW 2007, pp. 25–33 (2007)Google Scholar