Uncertain Subgraph Query Processing over Uncertain Graphs
In some real-world applications, data cannot be measured accurately. Uncertain graphs emerge when this kind of data is modeled by graph data structures. When the graph database is uncertain, our query is highly possibly uncertain too. All of the prior works do not consider the uncertainty of the query. In this paper, we propose a new algorithm called Mutual-Match to solve the problem of uncertain subgraph query under the situation where both the graph dataset and the query are uncertain. Considering that the subgraph isomorphism verification is an NP-hard problem, and it will be more complex on uncertain graph data, the Mutual-Match algorithm uses MapReduce processes to find out all the subgraph matches and can adapt to dynamic graphs well. Experimental results on both real-world and synthetic datasets show the correctness and effectiveness of our proposed methods.
KeywordsUncertain subgraph query uncertain graphs mutual-match dynamic graphs mapreduce
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Han, W., Lee, J., Pham, M., Yu, J.: iGraph: A framework for comparisons of disk-based graph indexing techniques. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment 3(1-2), 449–459 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Potamias, M., Bonchi, F., Gionis, A., Kollios, G.: K-nearest neighbors in uncertain graphs. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment 3(1-2), 997–1008 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Yan, X., Yu, P., Han, J.: Graph indexing: A frequent structure-based approach. In: SIGMOD, pp. 335–346. ACM (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Zou, Z., Gao, H., Li, J.: Discovering frequent subgraphs over uncertain graph databases under probabilistic semantics. In: SIGKDD, pp. 633–642. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Zou, Z., Li, J., Gao, H., Zhang, S.: Finding top-k maximal cliques in an uncertain graph. In: ICDE, pp. 649–652. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar